The Breakfast Drama Queen commented on my blog to let me know that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award. If you’d never heard of this before, according to Skinny Muffin:
This award is an award to spread blog love and draw attention to blogs with few followers
Needless to say, I was very touched when I saw this. What makes it even more fun is that I get to answer some questions to let you all know a little bit more random & interesting things about me. I’ll be passing this on, along with some new questions, for blogs that I will nominate – yay!
Let’s get right to it, shall we?
- What is your favorite movie?…this one is tough for me! ‘The Little Mermaid’ will forever have a special place in my heart, as it was the first movie I saw as a young girl with my dad. I am also a huge fan of most comedies (Bridesmaids, etc)…and I am a huge sucker for Moulin Rouge. I definitely don’t discriminate!
- What is your biggest fear?…somewhat cliche, but the fear of someone close to me being hurt or injured, or worse, is what scares me the most.
- What food would you request as your last meal?…anything my mom cooks, hands down. Homemade pizza, her chicken casserole, or chicken divan come right to mind. Dessert would be her apple pie with walnut streusel.
- What is one cooking utensil you have always wanted but have never bought?…oh man, there are numerous things that come to mind. As simple as it sounds, I am dying for a French-style rolling pin. I’d also love a nice set of pie weights, a pasta roller…you name it, I’m sure I would love to have it :)
- Coffee or tea? Coffee!
- What do you do in your free time?…aside from loving to spend time with my husband (whether it’s hiking, camping, walking our sweet Lab), I love to work out, do yoga, read, and enjoy arts and crafts.
- What is your favorite thing to cook?…anything that I can get my hands on. I often times find that the more involved a recipe is, the more I love it. Cooking for me has always been therapeutic, so there really isn’t anything I don’t like cooking.
- What is your dream car?…Range Rover, or a BMW.
- What was the last dream you had that you can remember?…it was about work. I find that I often have a hard time leaving that at the office!
- If calories didn’t exist for a day, what would you eat?…ice cream, cheese and crackers, Thai food…probably a funky salad of sorts. I really don’t discriminate and I love all types of food. Everything in moderation, after all :)
Now for the random facts about me:
- What is your favorite meal of the day?…I love dinner, because I get to enjoy it at home with my husband.
- If you won $150 million in the lottery, what would be the first thing that you would buy?…a new house with an amazing kitchen (that I would design, as that is what I do for a living – I am a kitchen & bath designer), a beautiful yard for Lane to play in, and a really fun garage with lots of gadgets for my husband to have fun with (he’s an engineer). & plenty of room for our future family.
- Would you consider yourself a materialistic person?…I certainly enjoy having nice things, but at the end of the day it’s the memories I create with friends and family that mean the most.
- Pasta, rice or quinoa?…toss up! I love them all.
- What’s your favorite country in the world? Or is that question too hard?…I am the proud daughter of a US Marine (Semper Fi!) so I have a lot of American pride. I am dying to travel the world, though!
- If you could be eating anything right now, what would you have?…an ice cream treat from a local ice cream shop down the road from our house.
- What’s your favorite holiday?…I love Christmas! I have always enjoyed buying gifts for people, and the meaning behind the holiday is important to me.
- How often do you watch TV?…probably too much, honestly. But the majority of the time it is Food Channel, or I have it on for background noise (it’s on at the moment!).
- What’s your favorite cookie flavor?…oatmeal chocolate chip, all the way!
- Why did you start your blog?…to me, it’s like having a scrapbook, a way to keep track of all the delicious (and sometimes fails!) that come out of my kitchen. Cooking has always been a huge passion of mine, and spreading love with food and sharing that with people is one of my biggest joys. By starting my blog, I am able to share stories of what food means to me, what it represents to my family, and helping people develop an appreciation for it as well!
To continue spreading the Liebster love, here are my questions for you! I would like to nominate the following blogs:
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- If you could only watch one tv show for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- What is your favorite meal to cook?
- Is there any ingredient that intimidates you? How do you plan to overcome it?
- If you could cook with any person, who would it be any why?
- What is your favorite book?
- Have you ever been out of the country?
- What is your favorite color?
- How do you like to spend your free time?
- Purses or shoes – which do you like better?
I do hope you write back, and continue to spread the love! Have a fabulous Tuesday, and thanks for stopping by! xo